Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Only one to claim the Quilt?

Timing is everything and it must be true because in my last blog I offered up a quilt to the first one to claim it and no one did until today. The timing is way off because now I will be doing two quilts. *CHUCKLE*

This quilt is for the last quarterly challenge for a 2009 quarterly challenge project that Vie and I started in January. We are certainly glad this is the last because we have not made the final ten in any of the challenges. I am convinced it is fixed. Our projects have been designed and executed with skill and creativity and on target with instructions. Not only that but they were as good and in most cases better than the ones chosen. So what is wrong with my timing? Well the deadline is approaching for the submission so Vie and I got together last night and cut and assembled our quilt tops for the challenge. I decided since no one had claimed my offer I would use the opportunity to make the quilt for a certain someone for Christmas...sort of kill two birds with one quilt. Now today a sweet precious girlfriend has laid claim to the quilt and rightly so since she is the first one. The problem is that, it is definitely a man's quilt. My friend, Barbara was in here this morning and she commented that the quilt top “sure was masculine, who is it for”.

Timing is everything for sure. If that sweet friend reads this again, I will take her claim serious but she needs to tell me what her favorite colors are and then next Tuesday night Vie and I will repeat our process and make at least one more top that is definitely more feminine. We were thinking about doing some Christmas themed ones any way.

Check out the picture below of my granddaughter Josie sewing on her new ¾ White. So intent and focused.