Thursday, October 22, 2009

Interesting how one gets swept away with ideas and actions. Patience and self control is definitely learned traits and I believe I was absent when they were being taught. Went to a workshop taught by Judy Loope a textile artist from Salem VA and was so pleased to be there. Most work shops for me are generally a good idea until I have been there for a half hour and then I am bored. My buddy Vye, says that is when I start acting up. Not sure what she means by acting up but I do get antsy and find distractions...usually going my own way and finding ways to entertain myself.

Judy's workshop was primarily based on building abstract art quilts using sheers, and synthetic fibers that could be melted by a soldering iron.

See my example that I finished and call "Violet's Hedronilly".



Recently, I decorated a bra for the MAMM organization and now it is being shown with some other bra creations at the Daura Gallery in Lynchburg VA. There seems to be alot of interest in these bras and the attention they draw and hopefully the donations toward diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. See "Mammogetasaurus" a rather goofy green dinosaurus that is clutching her girls.


Trying to keep busy. Going to load the Adam and Eve piece on Alma (longarm) to do thread painting this afternoon. After I do that I am going to paint or highlight with paintstik.

Vye and I have to do the last quarterly challenge for All People Quilt website. I think it is rigged. But this is the last challenge for 2009 and we started in Jan and have submitted something each quarter. Nothing has been chosen yet. Fixed is the reason..Yes I love spoiled grapes!!!! And I cry over spilled milk too!!!! The last challenge is a quilt made with 9.5" squares into a 67" lap quilt, sounds like a Christmas present for someone...if you name it your claim it. HA HA