Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The weekend was chilly and rainy. Quilting and sleeping was all that was required. Nice development though, my cousin Nancy decided she would try quilting so she picked out fabrics from my stash and cut squares and wallah. She is preparing her quilt top. she has never sewn so a little apprehensive but doing a wonderful job. I will post her quilt when she gets a little further.

I worked on an art piece until I ran out of thread and then I switched to the challenge quilt. It is ready to go on the long arm. Sharon claimed it and requested I hide messages in it the way I hide messages in the things I make for family so I think I will have a good time quilting it.

Vye came over Sunday afternoon and we cut fabric out for Christmas quilts...whew! We went through a lot of yardage...miracle if we get it all together before 12/25/09. She will be here tonight and we will go at it again on the challenge quilts.