Monday, September 12, 2011

Where have I been?

I have been on a ship bound for the Inner Islands of Nowhere, located somewhere near my imagination. Crazy how I neglect this blog when I really like to write but somehow I feel no one wants to read jabber and then although I am "ART-ING", I don't take any pictures and so who wants to hear about something that has no image to go with it. Here are a few things finished lately. I took some pictures because I entered a competition. The competition is mostly a pipe dream because I don't enter any shows or promote myself in any way. So if the people previewing art quilters are looking for a big name then they won't know me. I do what I want, when I want and mostly give my art away because it makes us happy.

I did this art quilt because my parents always laughed at this picture of me in the second grade because I am not smiling. It was because the photographer told me to say peaches and I thought that was stupid. I did say peaches but it was with a smirk. Note the left pigtail is cut off for dramatization.
Don't Say Peaches
.
 My cousin Nan saw this picture in a magazine and wanted me to do an art quilt of the silliest donkeys I have ever seen. I have to admit donkeys have never really crossed my artististic eye before, but these two did.
Here Comes Cornbread

This is an art quilt of my two grand daughters, Jose and Carly. The picture that I used was taken by their mother several years ago. I might do more to it or I may not. I am not feeling fuzzy about the left side...so there may be some changes soon.
Just Follow Me