Wednesday, June 15, 2011

QSDS BIG Disappointment

Ohio's QSDS has less than half of the people attending than last year or so it seemed. Only 4 classes were offered the first week. Economy or perhaps many more are choosing Quilting by the Lake this year. Lots of things have changed, Now the program is held at the Columbia College of Art and Design. The studio space is very nice but lodging in the dorms leaves much to be desired. Won't do this again. There are no ammenities other than a hot shower and horrible mattress. Blankets were few and they had hair trapped in the fibers. Totally gross!

After spending a week at QSDS, and $1500.00 wasted, I am about to forget my disappointment and move on. I was so pumped because I was taking a class on Digital Design for Textiles from Michael James. I thought this was going to be a real cool class. Wrong! James spent the majority of time teaching basic Photoshop, Illustrator and on the 4th day, Power Point. Confusion and lack of organization only added to the negative experience. The handouts were written for Mac and all were using PCs is only one example of the lack of control. I did learn more about James than I ever needed to know. He seemed nice enough but someone owes me the waste of time and money. My reviews of James and his class could not be more negative.

On to better things, I am working up a fury trying to get all the things off my to do list:
1. Quilt 3 quilts
2. Finish piece I started in my dorm room after I dropped out of Digital Design Class.
3. Get clothes together for charity
4. Breathe.....
5. Make stuff for grandaughters
6. Tired of this list.
7. who knows